Search

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Proactive Final Thoughts


About 4 months ago I tried out the Proactiv products that are commonly seen in the infomercials on TV. Although I was unsure at first, after trying them out, I had some favorites.


Makeup Cleansing Wipe
The wipes were my ultimate favorite out of all of the things I was sent. About two weeks ago I actually ran out of them because I loved them so much. They were pretty good at removing my makeup and they left my skin feeling refreshed. Sometimes one wipe was enough other times I would need two. After using them, they always left my skin with a cool tingly feeling. Usually after removing my makeup for the night I would apple a face cream. This winter my skin seems to be extra dry compared to the previous years so I would use my Lancome serum and Estee Lauder moisturizer.


Green Tea Moisturizer
This moisturizer is my second favorite. Like the wipes, after using it my skin feels super refreshed and cool. I think I would pick this moisturizer over the oil free one because I LOVE gel moisturizers. I have used the Clinque moisture surge gel lotion in the past and loved it also, after that I seemed to have grown fondness for gel textured moisturizers. I usually leave the Green Tea Moisturizer on my dresser next to my makeup, so that I am constantly reminded to apply it before I apply makeup. It is very important to moisturize your face during the day so that would skin does not get dry (especially during harsh winter weather).
Advanced blemish treatment
I have used this product a few times. I don't break out on a regular basis, so I can't say for a fact that it works every time. However, I think if you get pimples, this product this worth a try. I remember when I was a teenager and would constantly breakout, at that time I was desperate to try ANYTHING in order to make the acne go away. I actually remember seeing the Proactiv infomercials and wanted to try them out.


Oil Free Moisturizer
I think this is a good moisturizer, however if I had to choose between this and the Green Tea Moisturizer I would definitely not choose it. I think the two moisturizers give the same outcomes but I am just more fond of gel based moisturizers.

Deep Cleaning wash

I have used this product a few times. It kind of reminds me of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub that I have used in the past. The thing that I hate about exfoliating washes is that the exfoliating particles always get stuck in the hairs on my face (like my eye brows and my eye lashes). So when using this product be very careful not to get it on your brows and lashes or else it will take way too much effort to remove. The cool thing about this product is that if you have body acne or bumps (like on your back), you can use this to wash that area and hopefully get rid of the acne. I don't get body acne or bumps, so I can't say that I have tried it but hey why not, it's worth a try!

Overall, I thought this was an interesting experience. I have read a lot of messages and comments from people who have tried Proactiv and said that it has worked for them. In the past some of my family members have used it also and said it works (that it work better on oily skin). I think that if you have acne and want to get rid of it then Proactiv is worth a try. However, everyone is different, keep in mind that it may or may not work for you.

1 comments:

stephen said...

You can have too much of a good thing, though.
痘痘

Post a Comment

COMMENT =)