Search

Friday, October 28, 2011

Trying out Proactiv



So I have to admit, the first time I heard about this whole proactive proposal, I was some what iffy in deciding whether to do it or not. In the end I thought that it was worth a try. This is actually my first time giving something that correlates with TV infomercials a chance, even though I AM on of those people who can sit there for hours watching infomercials haha.


Now keep in mind that I am 23 and my skin has become a lot more balanced compared to how it was when I was 16. I think I have pretty well behaved skin but I do get the occasion pimple or two, when midterms and finals roll around. I am not sure if my skin behaves so well because I maintain it on a regular basis or because of simply good genes, either way I am very grateful.

When I was a teenager I had EXTREMELY oily skin, but right now I think I describe my skin as being normal. I also used to breakout all of the time; however, this went away when I became 20.

So I was sent proactiv products about a week or two ago. Yes, I did not purchase any of this (just to be honest, in case it did matter).

I did not get the chance to try everything out because I didn't want to overload my skin and in case I had an allergic reaction to anything. But the things that I did have the chance to try out I am very fond of.

My current favorite are their Makeup Cleansing Wipes. I think they are the best makeup wipes I have used yet. They are very refreshing and is able to remove all of my makeup with one piece of cloth. I have been using this every day ever since I have received it in the mail. I usually use it at the end of the night before I go to bed or after I get home from school and what to be makeup free.




I also really like their green tea moisturizer. When you first put it on your feel a subtle cool tingling sensation, which calms my skin down. I have cat allergies so my skin can be irritated very easily. I love how this moisturizer is gel based; therefore, It is very light and moisturizing. And it also reduces redness in my skin.

I will mostly give more updates on how the products are and my opinions on the ones that I have not tried.

XO

6 comments:

Carrie said...

i had a serious case of acne the first few years of high school. i tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked. that's why i gave up on any acne treatments because instead of diminishing my acne, it just increased it evev more. i'm thankful that my skin is behaving really well now that i'm in my senior year.

Proactiv is actually one product that i didn't get to try. i was afraid that it would give me the same results that all the rest did. but i'm glad it works great for you!

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Alicia said...

I've always loved proactiv, but there are less expensive products that can work well, too.

SienaFit said...

I am 20 and it seems like my acne has gotten worse since high school. I am trying so many different products trying to clear my skin and nothing seems to work! I have not tried proactive yet!

Celia said...

It sounds like a really good product :)

Husnain Ali said...

nice post

Husnain Ali said...

seo pakistan

Post a Comment

COMMENT =)